PLEASE NOTE: The first step in becoming a CYC Sports Official is to contact your parish Athletic Director.
All officials (on the field or at the scorer’s table) that are paid to officiate for the CYC in all sports need to register with the CYC Sports Officials Association (CYC-SOA). All paid CYC Sports Officials are considered Independent Contractors, and as such must join the CYC-SOA. In order to join the CYC-SOA officials must:
- Register each year with the CYC-SOA – Registration for the 2019-2020 season is now open. The cost is $5.00 per official for the whole year no matter if you officiate/scorekeep 1 or 1,000 games. “Register as a Player.” (Officials are registering as “players” because that is the way the SI Play registration process works.) Further instructions are below. To register with the CYC-SOA, CLICK HERE.
- Attend a Protecting God’s Children Workshop. Officials 18 years of age and under and who have not graduated from high school are not required to attend.
- Have had a Missouri Criminal Background Check within the previous two years. Again, Officials 18 and under and have not graduated from high school are not required to have this check.
- Read and sign the Archdiocesan Code of Ethical Conduct. Officials 18 and under and who have not graduated from high school must read and sign the Youth Code of Ethical Conduct for Minors.
- Complete and submit a Federal Form W-9.
* A W-9 needs to be submitted to each organization that will be paying you for your services.
** All forms and information should be submitted to the main parish or organization where the CYC Official will be officiating.