CYC Update – Nov 13, 2020
CYC UPDATE – NOVEMBER 13, 2020
With an increase in Covid cases in the area, and new restrictions set forth this morning by St Louis County, here are some updates regarding CYC sports:
- CYC soccer and volleyball season will end Tuesday November 17th. NO CYC soccer or volleyball games will be played after Tuesday.
- As of today, we are scheduled to start the CYC basketball season on January 8, 2021.
- Updated CYC safety guidelines for the basketball season will be released next week.
- Do not begin practices until these guidelines are out. As with fall sports, waivers will be required for all basketball athletes.
- A few things you need to know about basketball season:
- Each location will have a gym monitor at the door.
- Most gyms, due to size, will allow one parent per athlete. No exceptions.
- Masks will be worn by all spectators. Most were vigilant wearing masks during the fall season. Some people were not. There will be no tolerance during basketball season. A team violating these safety measures will likely be removed from the league without a refund.
- Please do not set-up registration for CYC Spring sports until mid-January. Please wait for the go-ahead from the CYC office.
It is particularly important for all of us to practice safety in the next few weeks. As we have said many times the last several months, this season will look different than others. We are blessed to have been able to play most of our fall season of sports. We continue to pray for the safety of all in our CYC family.
CYC SPORTS – FAITH-SPORTSMANSHIP-SERVICE